registering a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice appreciated. I'm corgi registered through the firm i work for, now my mates asked me to fit a new boiler for him can i register the boiler with corgi using my personal corgi id or do i use my firms corgi number ?

Sponsored Links
You, if your paid for installation, your firm if they are paid for installation.

Are you having a laugh :mad:

You can only register the boiler if you personally are registered with Corgi.

Stan

I am personally registered with corgi but am employed by a firm and obviously use their corgi reg No while doing their work, does this mean if i fit his boiler it cant be registered and it wont be guaranteed ?

Sponsored Links
If CORGI scheme is like other schemes, you will only be able to do the work through a registered business. You cannot do jobs on the side and get them accepted as self certified. The installer must be personally registered as well

gigz said:
I am personally registered with corgi but am employed by a firm and obviously use their corgi reg No while doing their work, does this mean if i fit his boiler it cant be registered and it wont be guaranteed ?

I am sorry but I dont believe that YOU are registered personally with CORGI.

If you were then you would pay CORGI vast sums and have your own registration number. Thats different from your operative ID number!

The simple fact is that you CANNOT work on the side because you are only registered while doing your employers work.

Tony

gigz said:
Any advice appreciated.
My advice is to read the information that CORGI make available to you.

I'm not, and never have been, an RGI, and even I know the answer to your questions. No wonder CORGI gets bad press from some quarters. :rolleyes:

Someone asked me if it stood for
Common Oiks, Rogues Gits and Idiots.

I told him he'd cracked it, he could join himself now.

So in other words its right what most gas installers say, that CORGI is just a legal money making rackett :eek: as Agile says "you would be paying vast sums and have my own registration number". This would'nt make me any better or safer would it :!: :!: :!:

gigz said:
. This would'nt make me any better or safer would it ?

Thats not the primary purpose in your situation! It would make you LEGAL, able to self certify gas installations and able to notify CORGI who in turn would advise Building Control.

It would make you slightly safer because the CORGI inspector would have assessed your practical competence and would repeat the assessment every now and then.

Tony

Just out of interest Tony, how much would it cost to obtain my own registration number (and could i do this as i am currently an employee)

Apart from your registration, be it the company you work for, or your own personal registration, you should be covered by the companys Public Liability Insurance.

If you undertake "private" work, you will not be covered !!!!!!,, thats unless you have, your own cover !

If you get it wrong,, it could potentially cost you, a lot of money.

Dave.

Sorry,,, you WILL NOT be covered on the companys Public Liability Certificate.

My apologise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back