Relocating Kitchen Sink............

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having my dining room knocked into the kitchen tomorrow to make a bigger kitchen. Thing is we would like to relocate the kitchen sink into what will be the new side of the kitchen, (the dining room at the moment). It is on the opposite wall about 12 feet away, we have a block and beam floor. The problem I can forsee will be the waste pipe. The exit is located under the current sink location, how can I have this moved, I cant really see a way. On the side where the sink is being moved to there are no waste pipes. There is a conservstory on the back of the house, so extending the waste pipe on the outside is not really an option either.

Sponsored Links
It'll have to go under the floor by the sound of it. You may need to use a pump, such as a Sanivite. It can be possible to take the waste pump up from the pump and along under the floor above. See the various pump instructions.

It might depend where the drain is, but in the absence of any further info, comments above stand.

Sponsored Links
The drain is by the existing sink. I have just had a thought, in the living room, there is a false chimney breast, incorporating the waste pipe for the en suite bathroom. In there is the waste pipe for the shower and basin. Could I run awaste pipe through the house wall, along 10 ft, back into the waste pipe in the false breast, diagram below.

On that side is my driveway.

OK we now want to move it, can I tap into the shower/en-suite sink waste, or do I need to have the pipes changed?

Do you know what would be involved in having the pipes changed, and how much would I expect to pay, maybe saniflow is the answer, are they noisy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back