Removing bath help.

j03

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, am wanting to replace my old cast iron bath with a new steel one. I took the panel off to view the pipes before cutting them and pulling out the bath and I saw this...

Im a total n00b at this sort of thing but it looks to me like they are lead pipes. Is it safe to hacksaw through these? The copper pipes on either side of what I think are lead pipes only have about 2cm exposed, shall I cut through the lower copper pipe or get the experts in? Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Stainless steel bath :eek: Leave the connectors ..undo nuts to bottom of taps and re-use connectors...lead is quite easy to bend about.(if that`s what it is )You could get me in if you`re near Sussex ;)

Just moved from Brighton to Oxford :(

Will try and do as you said...will make life a lot easier if I dont have to do any "actual" plumbing as it were :)

Edit...just realised that I put stainless steel even after reading your reply NigeF...rofl...as I said...total n00b :)

Sponsored Links
j03 said:
Just moved from Brighton to Oxford :(

Will try and do as you said...will make life a lot easier if I dont have to do any "actual" plumbing as it were :)

Edit...just realised that I put stainless steel even after reading your reply NigeF...rofl...as I said...total n00b :)
:LOL: Now if that`d been Oxford to Btn. I could`ve popped down for a day @ the seaside ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back