removing damaged screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a garden lantern, and now need to change the bulb, however the screws have become soft and where i have i been trying to unscrew with my philips screw driver there is now no bite as the screw top has worn off. any ideas how i can get these out?

Sponsored Links
1)new light fitting
2)new lamp holder if there is nothing of screw head left.

3) if there is you may be able to use pliers to grab screw, but you will need new replacement screws (see 1)

Trend market a tool called X-Out damaged screw remover. Available from Axminster Power Tools as "SE1SET"

Sponsored Links
You should receive it tomorrow, would be useful for others to have an opinion when you've tried it.

Info,

Trend X-Out Damaged Screw Remover
se1set.jpg

er...yes...what's your view of it's effectiveness?

Information for others who don't understand what these looks like as this is a diy forum. There's a lot of people who don't know how to find information. Yes, I do get carried away sometime, maybe I got too much time on my hand, so I try not to be too helpful next time.

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive, when it does can i join in with the bickering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back