Removing half a fence post base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wooden fence post which acts to secure a closed gate.

I want to sink a concrete post directly next to it without taking it out.
I am thinking of buying a Bosch PBH 220 RE SDS drill with chissel.

Would this tool be suitable to help me remove half of the existing concrete base at the bottom of the wooden post, or would I be wasting my money / damaging the tool?

having never used such a tool, I do not know how effective they are. The picture in the add shows someone breaking up concrete slabs.

Alex.

Sponsored Links
yes mate that should do the job, although i would hire a better one for the day from a hire shop, tell them what you are doing and they will sort you one out.

Andy

if it was me i'd use a hammer and cold chisel and a big 6 foot wrecking bar as the original post should have been set in semi dry concrete so shouldn't be to hard to remove (lots cheaper just a bit more elbow grease)

Sponsored Links
Went for a Bosch SDS-Plus 220. It was absolutely brilliant. I drilled some holes to weaken the area and then went for it with the chisel bit.
Loved every minute :cool: I had assumed the drill would vibrate like a normal hammer action, but it was quite pleasant to use (after I located my ear defenders!!)
Whole job only took 15 minutes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back