removing paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned into a side street in my Golf and went straight through a fresh puddle of white gloss paint, any suggestions for removing that from paintwork? Is not too bad, maybe a dozen blobs at the bottom of the doors. Glad I drive an old car sometimes!

In a similar vein I knew a bloke who painted his wheels and couldn't wait to go for a spin, much hilarity ensued when he realised the paint hadn't dried, his car looked like it had chickenpox! :D

please note forum rule 20

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin said:
I turned into a side street in my Golf and went straight through a fresh puddle of white gloss paint, any suggestions for removing that from paintwork? Is not too bad, maybe a dozen blobs at the bottom of the doors. Glad I drive an old car sometimes!

In a similar vein I knew a bloke who painted his wheels and couldn't wait to go for a spin, much hilarity ensued when he realised the paint hadn't dried, his car looked like it had chickenpox! :D

First off i dont think "kilgore" will thank you for invading his thread you should have started your own ;)
Regarding the gloss paint, if its only been on a couple days you may get away with some paint thinners or white spirit applied on a soft cloth. If its an old car you may find this dulls the paint work after its removed the gloss paint. Give it a go with some compound after, followed by a polish.

well spotted. post now split

Sponsored Links
Back