Removing programmer / timer dial?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mechanical CH programmer / timer (model: Danfoss SET3M) which has started to make a loud continuous ticking noise. Someone suggested putting a dab of grease on the cogs but I'm not sure how the thing comes apart. I can see a screw underneath the large round dial but I have no idea how the dial comes off. Is there a clip that holds it in place as I have tried pulling but worried that I might break it if I use anymore force?

Sponsored Links
if its making a noise..that is annoying you, then replace it....its only 40squid. and when you get new one it will show you how to dismantle. if its like the danfoss 103, then no rewiring reqd, just plugs in......i say plug...well slides in...
not done a set 3m, but if it is noisy..grease aint gonna cure it.

they have a row of pin type contacts and can be quite stiff

instructions read

Locate the module on the latches at the bottom of
the wallplate and hinge upwards to fully engage the
unit connectors into the wallplate. Tighten the two
fi xing screws to secure the unit to the wallplate.

http://www.danfoss-randall.co.uk/site/downloads/3562.pdf

so I guess take the screws out and hinge down.

Sponsored Links
Well hats off to Danfoss. I was going to splash out on a new programmer as I didn't think the old one would still be under warranty and rang danfoss to enquire which programmer would be suitable. They said they still make that model and very kindly sent me one FOC. I just had to send a £30 cheque which they refund when you return the faulty one. I can't fault their customer service. Yes, the SET3M programmer simply slots into the electrical contacts so a very easy straightforward job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back