removing surplus adhesive (and grout) from tile surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tiled our bathroom floor but have a few bits of adhesive and finger marks left over. They seem to rub off easily enough. I'd ideally like to wipe the whole tiled area down to remove all the marks. Is there anything special I should use or just bathroom cleaner?

Is there a time limit for removing adhesive and grout from the tile surface, or will it always just sratch off? i.e. can I wait until I grout at the weekend and clean the lot off then. I'm talking very small marks, not huge dollops of the stuff.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Go to your local TILE SHOP, Disccuss it with them, they have many different products available.

I just soaked the excess with water, left for 5 mins then scraped off with something sharp - making sure not to scratch the tile!

Topps Tiles do a set of sponges with a universal handle that I found brilliant.

The sponges have different levels of abrasion so you start with the softest and work your way up.

Bit of a pain to do the whole bathroom, but I didn't grout it (the guy who did is my future father-in-law) so didn't know there was loads of grout left on the tile faces.

Think the sponges were about a fiver IIRC:cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back