Removing textured ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am desperate for some guidance / tips on how to restore a textured (artex type) ceiling back to a smooth surface? I have tried off the shelf Poly*!?* commercial products but found them to be expensive, extremely difficult to apply and obtain the right consistency, and give poor coverage.

N.B. I have managed to level the area down to about 1mm by a considerable amount of intensive scraping/sandpapering but am finding that to completely level the surface is very difficult. Any suggestions on what product(s) are easy to apply and will fill the remaining imperfections so the surface is smooth and level?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
this has been mentioned "just a few" times on the forum, basicaly you have 2 choices, new ceiling, or get a plasterer in to skim it for you

Does this not work then? I was about to go and get some after seeing it in another posting.

Sponsored Links
havent a clue, but the question is how much will it cost to do your ceiling V skim, and what if you gouge the ceiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back