Removing urine stains from lino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any method to remove urine stains from linoleum flooring? I've noticed a few drops on the bathroom floor and I want to remove them as it's bothering my OCD-riddled mind. :oops: :cry:

Sponsored Links
I think your taking the P*** :LOL:

have you tried bleach /water on a cloth?

It's true! :oops: ;) I've thought about trying it but I didn't want to ruin the flooring. Without sounding too stupid I don't really know much about cleaning with such things. What kind of mix should I use with the bleach/water? I'm guessing I need more water than bleach right? ;) I'm scared. :oops:

I can't see you need bleach, just your regular wet-mopping of hard floors with a GP detergent. You will find instructions on the label on the back.

If you do it less than once a week and/or have several careless males in the house it could get pretty smelly.

Are you recently divorced or separated?

Sponsored Links
i suggested bleach as it will kill any germs.

ratio of water / bleach depends on brand of bleach

The colour is all I'm worried about. Looks disgusting. :( The bleach I've got doesn't mention a mix for cleaning floors, only a measurement for whitening clothes. :S

well swab it clean with a GP cleaner first. Bleach kills things but is not a cleaner.

Can you recommend any General Purpose (that is what GP stands for right? :p) cleaners? I've only tried soap and water so far to no avail. It looks like I've managed to dye it. :oops: Could white spirit or vinegar be any help? I daren't try anything in case it manages to make it worse (which would be just my luck).

I live with my parents in answer to your question and I'm certain I'm the culprit. It will sound stupid (not that I could sound any more stupid than I already have so far) but the whole thing is playing havock with my anxiety; it's all I keep thinking about and it's making me feel really guilty. It's not that noticeable and I'm assuming nobody has noticed so far (or if they have they don't realise what it is - don't ask how but it's not exactly near the toilet) but I feel like coming clean about it. I have "issues" with "ruining" things. I'm so stupid. :(

Flash liquid, or own-brand.

the citrus ones (yellow) have less smell than the pine (green) ones.

5413149418721_200.jpg
Flash £1.82

5031021408648_200.jpg
Tesco own label 81p

you dilute them in water. Bleach is more likely to damage surfaces.

Unless the flooring is 50 years old, it is more likely vinyl than linoleum.

Thank you, I'll give one a try (although I'm not holding out much hope). And you're probably right on the vinyl front - that's what I had been wondering but it's always been refered to as "lino".

I just tried the Flash, but as I suspected it didn't really work. :( I guess they're lighter than they were originally, but it's hard to tell in unnatural light. They're still there in some state anyway. Thanks for your help all the same. :) Of course if you can suggest anything else feel free. ;)

I wonder if it might be a limescale-type mark? Try it with an acid cleaner or descaler (vinegar will do).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back