Removing Vinyl Floor tiles stuck with Bitumen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm praying someone can help me with this problem.... I'm renovating an old bungalow and after removing two complete vinyl floors in the kitchen, I've come across a 3rd layer, Tiles stuck down with Bitumen.
They are a nightmare!!! Chipping away for 3 hours last night and I've probably cleared a sq. metre!

Anyone got any good tips on how to resolve this one????

Help would be great!

Rob

Sponsored Links
tiberius_uk06 said:
Hi All,

I'm praying someone can help me with this problem.... I'm renovating an old bungalow and after removing two complete vinyl floors in the kitchen, I've come across a 3rd layer, Tiles stuck down with Bitumen.
They are a nightmare!!! Chipping away for 3 hours last night and I've probably cleared a sq. metre!

Anyone got any good tips on how to resolve this one????

Help would be great!

Rob

I have just removed around 10m of them using a normal wallpaper scraper did the job in about 2hrs. May be of some help.

Paul

are these tile rigid or flexible? Im guessing they crack with ease. Thermo plastic's ? if so a 10 meter room should take no longer than 30 mins to uplift with sharp and large scraper.

ask at you local rental outlet for a electric vinyal tile stripper it will peel them off wood or concrete floors in half the time

Sponsored Links
I did a kitchen like this a few years back and used a trusty wallpaper scraper in a room 10X12

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back