Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am wondering if anyone can give me advise on rendering. I am in the middle of purchasing a house, and completion will hopefully be in the early part of the new year.

The house is a c1940's semi detached property, with a recently (2004) built extension to the side of the original property. The top half outside of the extension has been left as breeze block (unfinished work from the previous owner who has financial difficiulties). I will now be responsible for rendering this.

Does anyone have any idea of what I should be looking to pay in terms of the cost of rendering please? Ideally, I would also like to rendering the original part of the property also. Is this possible/a good idea to do? Should there be anything that I need to know before I go ahead and do this? The property is a standard 3 bed semi.

Any advise on costs etc, will be much appreciated.

Yours (rather confused)!! :confused: :confused:

Regards

IMPEX.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
rendering is an important aesthetic and protective part of the house, which to a potential home buyer in the future, could be what sells it.

get three pro's in to give you quotes and take it from there.

theres no saying that you can't do the donkey work i.e. scaffolding, removing the old render, masking the windows etc.

you could ask questions like 'will you be using external spec beads and stops'? or 'what waterproofing additive will you be using'? 'will you be putting this in the top coat or scratch coat'?

be careful you don't upset them though. ;)

Hi
Thanks for your kind reply, I really appreciate it. I will be calling some professionals that I got from yell.com to see what they reckon the damage is....will post the outcome on here.

Regards

Asgar

Sponsored Links
Hi IMPEX,
How did you get on with your rendering work ? Would appreciate any feedback on your experiences so far.
I have recently moved into my new home, and need to conduct some repair/replacement to the defective rendering on the external walls of the property (outcome from the survey which was conducted, prior to buying the house).
Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back