Repairing old locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1901 house has no less than 20 doors with locks. In most cases, the locks don't work, and the most common fault is the internal spring has fractured due to fatigue over last 100 years (a bit like me, really).

Can anyone suggest a company which deals with old lock parts or who renovates locks? All the local locksmiths have no idea about repairing old locks, cannot suggest any sources of spares, and are unprepared to machinine-up missing components (which is what I would have expected from a proper locksmith).

Any help would be appreciated. Google searches have so far produced nothing.

Sponsored Links
Well, big-all, there's a lot to chose from here. I'll probably email a few random ones, call a few, and see what transpires. But surely, there are some "real" locksmiths out there?

Sponsored Links
Try carboots, market stalls, junk stalls etc you may find some cheap ones to either replace the ones you have or cannibalise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back