Repairing Petrol-engined Strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a petrol-engined strimmer from B&Q last year. During the winter the rubber/latex tubes that connect the fuel reservoir with the engine/carburettor bits (I'm not very technical when it comes to engines) perished, i.e they developed cracks. As a result the fuel leaks out of these tubes and the engine will not start.

Does anyone know where you can get this kind of rubber tubing? It's transparent and about 5mm outer-diameter, maybe 2-3mm inner.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you left petrol in the line over winter. Try Halfords, if no luck ring around a few garden equipment service outlets, the tube is quite common.

have a look in your local friday ad type papers/ yellow pages. Theres normally mobile mower service people who will do that kind of repair for a pitance. I service a lot of my own kit, but i always use one for larger jobs or when i havnt got time and its worth every small penny he charges

Sponsored Links
Try your local model shop, they will have loads of tubing suitable for your use, its used on model aircraft engines.

jumbolugs said:
Bought a petrol-engined strimmer from B&Q last year.

When exactly? If less than a year ago you can take it back to the store and they'll give you a brand new one. The returns policy is the one redeeming feature of this dreadful company. The receipt will help of course, but is not always necessary, and even if it is more than a year, if you smile sweetly at whoever you deal with, you may still get a result. You have to remember that ultimately, the staff couldn't give a toss about the company profit margin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back