Replace Drain Cock on Sime Super 90 Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been losing pressure on my Sime 90 combi boiler. It happens very slowly, and having had the front off, I've noticed that the drain cock is dripping. I hadn't really noticed this before as the boiler's right by the sink, so there's plenty of water splashing around.

The drain valve is plastic, which might explain why the problem is worse when the system isn't being used (I come home after a few days and the pressure has often dropped off noticeably). I'm thinking that the plastic contracts a bit, but I might be making that up!

So I was going to replace the drain cock (£15 job). I just wanted advice on whether I should be checking anything else before I go ahead? The PRV has been mentioned in a few posts - and I know this has been activated in the past, when I was dim enough to overfill the system!

Any other source of leaks I should be thinking of? I'm fairly confident there isn't a leak in the CH pipes, since I'm in a flat and the old dear downstairs would have paid me a visit before now if I was dripping on her head!

Any words of wisdom appreciated!

Al.

PS: I also learned from this forum that Sime went bust. Good to know :cry:

Sponsored Links
Check the top of automatic air vents for signs of lime scale, as they leak sometimes. They need relacing if they leak, though with some types you might get away with replacing the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back