Replace interior doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace all my interior doors with 6 panel solid oak doors. The existing doors are hollow flat doors. Wondering if it is possible to just replace the door and not the whole frame.

Sponsored Links
You wouldn't normally replace the whole frame anyway so unless it is falling apart I would just change the doors.

just replaced all mine. WHAT a nightmare the last 2 was to fit the frame was miles out :( which in turn threw the doors out as they was 6 panel pine. but the beauty ov wood is that it can be moulded, plained, FORCED :LOL:

Yes, it's possible to door replace just the without changing the entire frame. Solid oak doors can be a great upgrade from hollow flat doors, and as long as the dimensions of the new doors match the existing frames, it should be a straightforward swap. You might need to adjust hinges or do some minor adjustments for a perfect fit, but overall, it's a feasible upgrade that can make a significant difference in your interior design!

Sponsored Links
Check that the linings are plumb, straight and levelled at the top.
Check doors tickness to match existing.
Are you finishing the doors and lining with paint or stain/varnish/oil/wax?
It is difficult to match existing wood, unless painted.
Are the hinges in weird places?
Considering all of this you could make a decision to change lining (and architraves) or keep the existing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back