REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR CIRCULAR SAW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,thank for your help before, got a sliding bevel, job done!!
Anyway, I have a problem, my battery has died on my Challenge Extreme circular saw, where could i get another one? Bizarrely ( I did buy it second hand) and the one it has is actually made by Sovereign on the bottom, so any ideas where they come from?
Your help, much appreciated :rolleyes: :?:

Sponsored Links
heeellllooo doyouknowwhatitisyet :D :D

unfortunatly in this throw away society you are likly to find the cost off a new battery makes the saw unecenomical as a spare is likly to be a simmilar to the saw if there is such a spare

i know a lot of the cheeper tools have very simmilar battery desighns and maybe your 18v battery off your challenge drill will fit

i have aquired a lidle 18v drill 18v saw and a 18v challenge drill and the batteries are interchangeable but are set up to only fit the correct charger so be carefull if you find a replacement your charger may not charge it up

If you're convinces the old one is no good, prise the plastic casing apart and you will almost certainly find it has a bunch of standard rechargable cells inside it. There are companies that sell these basic rechargable cells, all the tool manufacturers do is fasten them together wilth soldered tags and put a plastic case round them.

I can't find the name of the supplier I used before, but they were right when I tried it. Sometimes you can actually buy a superior cell in the same size.

They also use this kind of thing in emergency lighting.

edit: Might have been these people but there must be others. http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acatalog/Batteries_Plus_Tagged_Batteries_26.html

A lot of the challenge cordless tools are similar to the home brand of Focus, Homebase etc and many of the cheaper no-name tools available at the merchants (Silverline and Detor) and also perhaps those from SIP - www.siptools.co.uk.

They are all basically re-badge chinese tools. Do a google or search ebay and you will see something similar and you can then get some names to look out for.

Or just buy any cheap similar voltage pack for the above tools, and just swap the batteries out

Sponsored Links
if you want to try repacking then look here :idea:

on a personal note i had a performance power 18v saw
when the batteries died i binned it and got the dewalt as i have 5 batts and 2 chargers already :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back