Replacement Boiler-Baxi Or Better?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

After 16 yrs service my combi boiler (Vokera 20-80 rs flowmatic) is finally on it`s last legs,problems with fan,temp control on hot water and leak in heat exchanger(?) and my service engineer has said it`s about time for a new un.
He`s given me quotes for a Baxi condensing boiler rated at either 20kw or 30kw and price seems ok (£1100/£1200 respectively)
Basically I was wondering what you guys think of Baxi`s or if it`s worth spending more on a "better" brand of boiler

Hot water supply is for bathroom wash basin and kitchen sink only (no bath at the mo just elec shower but bath may well be reinstalled in next couple of years)

Heating requirement is for 9 rads in a small 3 bed semi

Thanks in advance

Phil

Sponsored Links
Stick with the Baxi platium (comes with 5 year warranty)you will have no problems,avoid the rest :D

depending which baxi he has quoted you. Baxi/ potterton as a company have some catching up to do respectivly with the other leading manucafures. Its ok having a 5 year warranty which you pay approx £200 for on top but you want them to be out asap which baxi are not the best at keep promises.

I have to admit i have been fitting the Potterton Performa HE as a cheap alternative to other boilers where customers can't afford a better boiler. but my advice if you can afford a better boiler then do.

Go for a Alpha, Vaillant or maybe worcester.
Another make that are fare ahead of most companys for quallity are Viessmann but they are quite expensive.

Its upto you. At the end of the day you only get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
Comments duely noted,cheers guys
Think I`ll have a chat with the engineer

In the meantime-any other offers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back