Replacement charger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now don't call me a cheapskate, but I am!!

The charger has bust for my Skil 12v cordless drill/driver.

What I want to know is, can you buy replacement chargers? Is the 18v charger etc the same as the 12v? When models are upgraded do they change the charger? ie buy a new one and use the old one till it's bust?

Ta guys
Glocko

Sponsored Links
dear cheapskate, 18volt charger and 12volt charger look the same to me, lets see, 18v 12v, yep they look the same to me :LOL:

you probably can get a new (correct) charger but it will:
a) be a lot of hassle getting just the charger
b) cost just as much as complete set

bite the bullit get a new set, then look at it this way, you brought a new charger and got a free drill, so that means you have 2 drills, and one charger, which means one can always be on charge while you use the other

breezer said:
18volt charger and 12volt charger look the same to me, lets see, 18v 12v, yep they look the same to me :LOL:
Does that mean they are not the same Breeze? Thought it might me the battery which regulates the voltage and charger sends same amount of juice to battery irrespective?? TA for advice tho, will get a second kit and have a spare. :D

Sponsored Links
really cheap scummy ones do, but in general, they are differnt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back