Replacement for an Ascot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Ascot gas multipoint water heater which has been in use for over 20 years now, and is getting a little inefficient !
Can anyone recommend a direct replacement - something which works on the same principle but more modern ? I have other means of cental heating so dont need a combi.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Best multipoint about is the chaffoteaux britony BF. wich should fit with not too much alteration.. I take it yours is an Ascot Soverign , gold door at bottom

Watch out for the ascot being built in wall and made from asbestos. Could need internal wall bricked/plastered before fitting new water heater. Britony flexiflue good as well and is a fan flued water heater

The ascots built into the walls with asbestos box is at the very least thirty five years old.. If i ever get asbestosis i know it was from chopping them out and replacing them as an apprentice.

Sponsored Links
No asbestos as far as I can see, just a big stainless steel vent to the outside.
Not sure which model Ascot it is, but it's white with a brown slide out bottom part which allows access to the pilot light, diaphragm etc.
The Chaffoteaux is about £340 and the spec looks good, so i'll instruct my plumber to get one of those.

Thanks for your help !

Main do them too - haven't seen any problems with them. Maybe others have??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back