Replacement GU10's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 240V 50w downlighters in my kitchen, the other day a bulb blew so i went to my local elecrtical shop and asked for a good quality replacement bulb.

He gave me Sylvania bulbs GU10 saying that these were the best. I put the new bulb in, but for some reason it doesnt look as white as the rest ?

The other lamps are Osram. Are the osram ones designed to produce a crisper light or are the Sylvania bulbs a cheep one. I have double checked the wattage and all are 50w

Sponsored Links
People on here generally seem to think Osram and General Electric are the best lamps you can buy.

I'm led to believe you seeing these sylvania lamps look like tungsten lighting as apposed to halogen.

I was thinking maybe the Osram ones could be Xenon filled thats why they are giving a whiter light.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back