Replacing a glow-worm energysaver 60 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a glow-worm Energysaver 60 boiler. Apparently the Heat Exchanger is leaking and I have been told the boiler is obsolete and the parts are unavailable. Would it make sense to replace it with a glow-worm 24hxi. I do not have a sealed system. I have the tank in the loft feeding a cistern. Would it be worth changing the plumbing and getting one of the glow-worm sxi range? or should I just leave the set-up the way it is and have a hxi fitted?

Sponsored Links
Where did you hear that i changed one before xmas boiler parts are available but might not be economical to replace

Someone in the trade did mention that I might be able to get the parts off the internet but that it might not be worth it as something else on the boiler could then fail. Would one the hxi range be a logical replacement for this boiler?

HRPC can get one within 10 working days

but not worth replacing for labour costs

Sponsored Links
In addition, i would say that if you were to replace the boiler stay away from glow worms. I have been called to no end this year and in some cases are just out of the guarantee period.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back