Replacing a SATCHWELL thermostat with a Honeywell T6360

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house thermostat has broken. Its an old SATCHWELL room thermostat. I have 3 wires coming out of the wall

a) BLUE
b) BROWN
c) EARTH

But the wiring diagram on the new Honeywell T6360B 1028 indicates 4 connections (5 including the EARTH)

Im pretty good with electrics, but am totally lost at the moment as I do not know which wires should go to which connector on the thermostat.

I would really appreciate any help and guidance on installing the thermostat. If you require any further information please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
cant see any info on this model yet, but seen an e-maill address

Honeywell’s Customer Information Centre in the UK has a new central e-mail address, [email protected] which can be used to request details of Honeywell products and services for homes, buildings and industry.

hope that helps

Sponsored Links
A thermostat is a device that switches something on and off on the basis of temperature.

Just like a light switch, if there are just two wires, one is the incoming and the other the outgoing. With a thermostat the wires may carry mains voltage, or they may not, it depends what's at the other end.

The key point is though that you have a permanent {something} in, and a switched {something} out.

That is all you have, and significantly what you do not have is a neutral.

From the information on the Honeywell website, you can't use the model you have bought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back