Replacing a tile in a tile-hung wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I replace a tile that has fallen off without removing all the tiles above? This appears not the same process as for a pitched roof, as the nibs won't hold the tile in place (as the tile is vertical). I can slide a new tile into place (under the tiles above) but not get it to hold. I cannot find a way of getting clout nails to stay in and fix. 'No more nails' doesn't work.
The tile is immediately adjacent to the bottom of an upstairs window, and is a "tile 'n' half". The flashing under the window sill goes partly under the tile.

Sponsored Links
it's a tough one. the only way to mechanically fix, is to take off the tiles above.
have you tried using "sticks like s**t" to keep in place?

If its still got the nibs on, then it should just slot back into place, and the tile above it should hold it. No more nails and similar are no good for outside - you need a proper solvent product such as Gripfill - which will work.

Or make a slate hook out of lead and this will hold it in place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back