Replacing an old toilet that has a side exit pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

I want to replace an old high-level cistern upstairs toilet with a modern low-level one in quite a small/challenging space. To keep me on my toes, the waste pipe leaves the toilet at a 90 degree angle into a cast iron stack.

The toilet pan can extend just 60 cm from the back wall - any more and the door won't be able to pass - which seems to be a problem because most new ones seem to be around 70 cm deep.

Does anyone know of any companies that still make shallow (<60 cm back to wall) side exit toilets?

Because of the location of the cast iron pipe, I think a straight back exit toilet would need a 180 degree connector with another 90 degree one to meet the stack. These bends would have to be pretty tight, given the space! Is that likely to cause blockages?

Thanks for any help you can give...
R1

Sponsored Links
did you ever find a 180 degree pan exit?

I've got the exact same setup? or can anyone recommend a 90 connectors to make one up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back