Replacing Bathroom Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just want to check that what I have done is OK. I have just replaced the bathroom light in my sisters house. The original light was just a standard ceiling rose with 2 core flex coming from it. The new light is a metal light which is for the proper zone in the bathroom. I disconnected all of the cables and then removed the ceiling rose. I then pulled them up through the ceiling into the roofspace and reconnected them to the ceiling rose including the screw on cover exactly as it was before it was removed it. I replaced the original 2 core flex with 3 core flex and pushed it down through the hole in the ceiling and connected it to the new light as there is no way the 3 cables would have went through the rubber grommet and into the connector block that was already fitted to the light. The only difference now is that the ceiling rose is is in the roofspace and not screwed to the ceiling and there are no exposed wires above or below the ceiling.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back