replacing damaged laminate flooring planks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there is some discolouration and spotting on panels due to a wet towel being left on the flooring under the baby highchair for a long period...:(
the area affected is next to a wall, about half way along
i have spares in the loft of the uniclick panels which i got from b&q

would it be fairly easy to click these out and replace...

yours
mrcrow manchester

sketch attached...ps panels were laid from the left hand side of the room to right

flooring26oq.jpg

Sponsored Links
mrcrow said:
would it be fairly easy to click these out and replace...

You wish ! Be prepared to 'unclick' every board from the wall untill you 'hit' the troubled spot and hope you don't damage the click-system in the mean time.
Best to get some PVAC adhesive when you're re-installing the boards again.

..WoodYouLike
You wish ! Be prepared to 'unclick' every board from the wall untill you 'hit' the troubled spot and hope you don't damage the click-system in the mean time.
Best to get some PVAC adhesive when you're re-installing the boards again.
thanks WYL...thats what i did think but as you say i was pushing it in my mind that it may not come to that
i suppose i have to unclick backwards etc from the last board to the next.
....i only have to click out enough width to suit the damaged area?
will get the glue as well...thats to go in the gaps to help reseal the unclicked parts?
damn!!!...:)

mrcrow said:
i suppose i have to unclick backwards etc from the last board to the next.
....i only have to click out enough width to suit the damaged area?
will get the glue as well...thats to go in the gaps to help reseal the unclicked parts?
damn!!!...:)

Yep, start where you'd ended the first time. If you're unlucky it also means taking out the complete rows untill you reach the damaged area.
PVAC is indeed if the click-system breaks or damages. (Why they tell you you can easily replace a damaged boards or even simply move the floor with you is beyond us!)

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the make of laminate floor you buy.
The better ones are no problem - the cheaper ones can be a problem even when first laid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back