Replacing Imperial radiator valves...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have old radiators in my house which look good and still work, but I need to replace 2 valves and am considering changing another 4 if TRV is an option. I think they are 1" BSP fitting (the nut is 1 1/2" wide going into rads) and come from 3/4" copper pipe which has a 1 1/4" nut.

Is it possible to get gate valves or TRV versions without taking out a second mortgage (if so, where from?). Or can you get an adapter from the rad to a 15mm TRV and then adapt back to the pipework?

Many thanks in advance,
Scott

Some background info if you need it...

I think the system is about 40 years old but it still works even though my gas bill seems v.high (£100/M for 4 bed house). It's an open flue floor boiler feeding a 35mm distribution pipe that splits of into 9 pipes in the loft, so is not really a one pipe system and therefore TRV's should be OK(??). I've already fitted a couple of 2 port valves to separate of the hot water and a annexe section of the house and added programable thermostats, so I'm hoping my gas bill will reduce a bit now... When the boiler packs up, I plan to get a pro to relocate an efficient one in the loft and tidy up all the pipework into a proper zoned manifold system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back