Replacing Kitchen End Panel

3 Mar 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I’m replacing an MDF kitchen end panel which has blown due to a leaking washing machine. There appears to be silicone in-between the top of the original panel and the silestone worktop. Is this just general clear silicone or is there a specific brand/type I need to purchase? Thanks in advance, Chris
Sponsored Links
I would say either standard clear or neutral cure type.
You will need to remove the appliance first then prop up the worktop before removing the end panel, the end panel is structural in the respect that if you remove it without supporting the worktop the worktop could snap as the undermount sink cutout is close by.

You can use any clear silicone to connect back to the worktop and floor.
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks guys, so far so good. There is a wooden beam at the back also supporting the worktop but have put a post in also to be double sure. Skirting sanded and filled - final fill and sand required.
Sponsored Links

@chirpychippy @CBW Job done! Overall pretty happy. The panel is snug at the back wall and floor bottom back to about 2/3 along where at the front a small gap starts due to the floor being slightly out. Have cut a packer and placed underneath to hold it solid. Will mastic along the bottom too. Cheers for the advice!


  • IMG_9103.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local