Replacing old roof window with new, where do i start.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ordered the COLT ROTO 435 Wood, 740x980. The actual inside of the current window is 750x900. The outside is also slightly raised and the inside is awful plywood, the window itself is horrid heavy wood and glass.

Questions,
Where do we start? Do we pull all the ply wood off? Which might give us a bit more area inside and then just replaster around the window instead of having wooden trims. How would we make the hole slightly longer? I presume a lot of things won't become clear until we take the old window out, which is difficult too as it is so heavy, any tips there?

On the outisde where it is raised, do we chop this down to make it level with the roof? It isn't raised on the hinge (very top of the window) it just gradually raises as it gets towards the bottom, this has lead strip on it.

Hopefully someone can help, even just a little bit please? Any top tips?@

Thankyou.

Deb

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back