Resiting a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current CH-HW system is 10 years old. The boiler works fine but the pipes and radiators are full of muck. The boiler is in a daft place in the kitchen (soon to be refitted), occupying much needed wall space. The house is a 3 bed semi with 10 radiators, 1 bath, 2 showers, 4 sinks with HW taps and a HW cylinder.

How big a job would it be (e.g. time and mess) for a CORGI chap to resite my boiler?
a) on the same (ground) floor,
b) upstairs - if that's possible,
c) in the loft - if that's possible.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How do we know? It would help if you posted some pictures.

I don't have a digital camera at the moment (it's broken) so I can't post any pictures. What sort of further information would you require?

Is there any regulation which would prevent siting a boiler in the loft or on an upper floor in a very standar (but small) 3 bed semi?

Two to three days at a rough guess. Not many installers will want to resite your boiler for you- especially as it is 10 yrs old- too many potential problems.

Sponsored Links
Would they be more interested if I asked for a new boiler in a different place from the current one?

MY crystal ball says it's an Ideal Classic and I would be delighted to do the job if you were round here.

OTOH if it is a Eurocombi I would advise you not to bother.

If the government have their way you'll be paying more council tax for updating your kitchen according to the Sun.. on balance learn to live with the kitchen you've got.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back