Riello rdb burner

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Jakeh83, 16 Jan 2021.

1. Jakeh83

Jakeh83

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, i have Worcester greenstar heatslave 18 oil boiler, the last few nights the main rcb had tripped i reset and all fine but went off again overnight, could this be related to my burner randomly not firing? I'm gas safe so tested all components in the boiler ok only thing really is the burner, i cleaned photocell but cant check capacitor as its right inside the boiler. It does fire up mostly though, any thoughts?

2. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hang on its gone misty!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. Sponsored Links
  4. snb

snb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Your gassafe! But can’t check capacitor. Not difficult. Remove red burner cover capacitor is attached motor. Very easy to check.what else have you tested?

5. Jakeh83

Jakeh83

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I didn't want to go poking round insife the burner as its hard to access, I've traced it back to faulty 2 port, noise was pipes vibrating due to bypass

6. Sponsored Links
  7. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So you've sorted the banging out. This will have no bearing on the burner lockout. A good service is required.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local