Rndering a door bricked up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a door bricked up on the front of my house, So i am gong to render it to match the rest of the front of the house. What bead is it i need to get for the edge on the bottom of the render ? Someone told me a Belcast, Is this correct?

Where its bricked up i need to use more render on the left than the right of the brick up. What do i do with the Belcast cut a bit of it off to run in with the wall?

Sponsored Links
bellcast or bell bead is what you're after.
ERSin.jpg

where the door has been bricked up on the left hand side i will need to use about a inch of render, but on the right i will only need to use 1 cm. so i need to run it in. how do i do that with the bell cast

just had another look and it looks like the person who done it used a bell cast all along the left hand side where the door was. But on the right there was about a foot to render so he never used one. But now the door has been bricked up and the render needs to match. Whats a solution here ?

Can you upload pictures on this. So i can give you a better view of what i mean?

Sponsored Links
bell bead is one option, albeit a rigid one.

you could always fix a timber batten to the wall and use this as a shutter stop and form the render bellcast to the batten, tapering as you go. use some thing like 50 x 50mm timber as this will provide you with a broad enough platform upon which to taper the render down.

Got my materials. Going to do this in the next few days,weather depending.

Do i screw the bell cast to the wall ?
What is the best mix to use 3 parts sand to 1 part cement or 4 parts sand to 1 part cement.
Why dont you bond the wall ?

Thx for the help

Done my first scratch coat yesterday. Its going to need another scratch coat, how long shall i leave it before coats ? And should i bond it now or just wet it like the first coat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back