ROCA cistern 'leak' ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dual flush type ROCA cistern, which is approx two years old. In recent months a 'leak' has developed where there seems to be a constant trickle into the toilet bowl between flushes. This has become progressively worse and leaves a rather nasty stain down one side of the bowl.

On older style cisterns I have been able to lift the lid and make adjustments to the stop cock etc, but on this one the lid appears 'fixed' ie no movement. I have instructions nor information on exact model, but I am keen to learn how this can be remedied.

Please help.

:)

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the world of rubbish which passes for plumbing fittings!

The knob on top either unscrews, or more likely if you press the inner you'll see a ridge to lift the other half, or something, out with.

Sounds like you flap valve is leaking. I have failed to get a Roca replacement, so you may have to replace all the flush valve gubbins with a different make, if cleaning it doesn't work.

ChrisR said:
Sounds like you flap valve is leaking. I have failed to get a Roca replacement, so you may have to replace all the flush valve gubbins with a different make, if cleaning it doesn't work.

or buy a decent toilet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

all joking apart these flush valves are crap how they got passed as fit for use is beyond most of us.

most decent plumbers merchant should be able to remove from you some cash in exchange for a replacement beastly flush valve
failing that try G&B plumbing in Poole or Rockall plumbing supplies in bournemouth they sell this rubbish so should be able to mail you a new one

Sponsored Links
City Plumbing, round London, Surrey etc sell the potty too, but not the internals!

Should be able to get Roca internals, I once replaced two for a guy. That was the least of his worries cos I discovered that the loos were piped to the hot from the combi. He said it had been behaving funny.

Barratts seem to fit these c*r*a*p*py Roca units in their 'luxury' flats... and all the residents get the same problem.. constant dripping.. I need to replace the flush valve now and have no end of problems trying to locate them.

Part number from Roca helpline, they will need the number inside cistern lid casting.

City P, PTS can all get them for you once you have part number.

You can get new washers from www.lunns.net
Get a few as p&p is very expensive and you can repair your neighbours' when they go as well.(Which they will)

Mine lasted 2 years and changed all 3 in my Wimpey house 9 months ago and have had no probs since.

Changing is a doddle and should take no more than 2 minutes. Press down one of the buttons on the cistern, pull other button out, pull out first button. Undo screw ( check that the whole assembly is keeping just clear of flush, as if button legs have been cut too long this can also cause water to flow all the time). You can now pull out whole flush unit, Bayonet type fitting ,twist and pull gently. I think the bottom clip can be then levered off and washer replaced, Snap clip back on, refit in reverse order.

I think there is instructions with drawings on the site anyway.

Good delivery times and can recommend them.

Next thing to do is to write to Barratt and tell them what crappy fittings they are using.

Ive also got an ideal boiler but that is a very long story.
[/url]

Good advice from previous person which got me most of the way there. I've also used www.lunns.net for parts with no probs.

Also, a leaflet with a diagram and which sets out how to take the assembly apart is on the ROCA web-site
http://www.roca-uk.com/files/Product Care Leaflet.pdf.

My washer was just furred up (hardwater area) so just needed a clean,which was luck because I couldn't get the bottom washer off (grip & twist advice didn't quite work!).

Also, when putting it back together, make sure the tabs on the bottom cylinder are located properly otherwise its not possible to re-lock the assembly.

Good luck! :cool:

Both toilets had the same problem. I took the lids off and cleaned out the cistern and flushed with a large amount of fresh water. The two nylon 'rods' seemed to be working stiffly and I liberally sprayed silicon spray into the mechanism and the rods, plastic push buttons etc. everything now works much smoother and no leaks. we live in rural NZ relying on rainwater & bore water so loss of water in the toilet particularly in summer was a real issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back