Roll top bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit roll top bath which sits on wooden plinth. Bath will sit on tiled floor and therefore don't want to cut hole in floor. Have tried shallow bath waste but there is insufficient space between waste and plinth to fit. Has to sit almost 90 degrees so not ideal. Are bottle traps ok if shallow enough - I have about 90mm to play between connection and floor. Waste does not drain into soil stack.
:confused:
Oh yes, when looking at bottle traps it talks about 38mm or 75mm seal - does this give any indication of overall depth, as i can find no actual dimensions listed?

Sponsored Links
Probably thinking off the stella now, could you fit an inline trap on the waste somewhere :?: ...... :idea: :rolleyes:

clf-gas said:
Probably thinking off the stella now, could you fit an inline trap on the waste somewhere :?: ...... :idea: :rolleyes:

Thats the way to do it !!
Butcher a trap and use an elbow then a running trap.

images

Sponsored Links
I presume you mean futher along the waste - I had thought about that, but unfortunately after I had Boxed all piping in, plasterboarded, plastered, tiled, etc. Hmm should have thought about this earlier. :oops:

Thanks for reply

Craig

I have in fact been staring at waste + bits and pieces to see how I can create my own waste with few angle pieces and pipes + plenty of blue tack. :D

Craig

bobthebender said:
clf-gas said:

Thats the way to do it !!
Butcher a trap and use an elbow then a running trap.

images

Nice picci bob. why butcher a trap when a waste adapter will do, then a ninety and some head scratching ;)

baldy1969cbh said:
I have in fact been staring at waste + bits and pieces to see how I can create my own waste with few angle pieces and pipes + plenty of blue tack. :D

Craig

You can get a male/female elbow with a nut that will screw on the waste and a short pipe to take a fitting...They use them a lot on twin bowl sinks and i have used them before.

clf-gas said:
Nice picci bob. why butcher a trap when a waste adapter will do, then a ninety and some head scratching ;)

Because i don't have an adaptor but do have lots of traps and also i'm drinking Merrydown cider :LOL:

Looks like self made trap is the best way to go. I presume the male/female elbow has a compression fitting and easy to get hold of from usual outlets?

Next job after this will be the new toilet waste into old sewage pipes and septic tank - but thats another day.

Thanks
Craig

I wish - typing this whilst holding 5 week old baby - ahhh. My shift ends after midnight when he wakes for next feed.
Then being this far north it has to be single malt ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back