Roof Coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to wash and apply a roof coating on my roof to seal it.

A few people in my area have had it done and some have paid over £2k for it. alot of money for 2 days work i think
They have told me the process and i think i can do it for myself but i dont know where to source the roof coating.
Can anyone out there give me a number or web links to some suppliers please any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
why, for the love of all God and all things nice, do you want to 're-decorate' a roof ?

it's a place where a bird sh*ts, all the c£ap out of the air settles and rain water regularly falls. it will be dirty again in no time.

my roofs a mess mate with loads of moss been there for years, felt it was time it was done as doing alot of work to house at the minute.

I quite like the look of the roofs that have been coated.

I will save money by doing it myself but i dont know where to source the right sealant

if the moss is bothering you all that much, there are copper wire solutions that claim to work that you can search on this topic.

Sponsored Links
Be warned
I was a roofing contractor in the UK for 30 years and we used to do work for one of the
Biggest roof cleaning/re-colouring company’s . If there company name starts with roof and the last beings with Doc , then the coating that they seal the roof with is just water based and is good for nothing .
As the director of the company said to me( This is money for old rope and the guarantee is not worth the paper that its written on Read the small print )

They presser washed the roof we went in after to replace broken tiles and re-point cement work if needed. I had a guy with a van doing 5/6 roof a day at £255 a roof for the best part of a year.
Was a good earner but then like any thing that is to good to be true the payments started to get later and later so we dumped them. And they had started to do more and more work on old folks houses that did not need any work at all but had been told that they would have major problems if the work was not done soon And if they got the old couple
Next door to have there work done then they would get a discount .
To wards the end we were doing whole streets.
Best thing you can do is to clean off the roof make good to bits that need it and watch the houses around that have had the work done look just like yours will in a year.

I was told oil based paint was much better and had a 10 year guarantee.

It looks great on the neighbours roofs at the moment but as you say couple of years down the line you might be back to square one.

your choice, but I guess you like vinyl silk on interior ceilings too ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back