Roof foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone comment on the roof foam system? The system is a rigid foam application, sprayed directly onto the underside of the slates and tiles in your roof, locking them in place and making the roof wind- and water-tight, for a minimum period of 25 years. The co. has BBA approval and have been in existence for over 20 years.

My house is 80 yrs old and has a tiled roof with no felt lining. There are gaps between many tiles and I feel I'm losing a lot of heat through the roof (hence the high gas bills!). I thought about getting a roofer to fix the loose tiles and fill in the gaps but don't think that will be enough to stop the heat loss. Is the foam product a good long term solution or should I be looking at something else?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Sponsored Links
GSIorDIY said:
Can anyone comment on the foam system?
Yes, forget it :!: Have a read here
The foam system is a rigid foam application, sprayed directly onto the underside of the slates and tiles in your roof, locking them in place and making the roof wind- and water-tight, for a minimum period of 25 years. The co. has BBA approval and have been in existence for over 20 years.
Forget the BBA, what do they know :?: ;)
My house is 80 yrs old and has a tiled roof with no felt lining. There are gaps between many tiles and I feel I'm losing a lot of heat through the roof (hence the high gas bills!).
You can't beat a good ventilation, so best to leave it alone
should I be looking at something else?
Just add on more loft insulation on the ceiling level. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back