Roof vents - first quote -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I'm getting a roofer in to get some roof vents put on a yorkshire stone slate roof.

A surveyor that I chatted to in the local pub recommended a roofer they said would be reliable and not too expensive.

He's quoting me for supplying and fitting:- 1 simulated stone continuous ridge vent and 8 simulated tile vents + flaunching the chimney. the quote is about £1,500 inc labour for two people for 3 days.

The price is a couple of hundred higher than I expected (but thats probably just be me being a skinflint ;) )
The thing that surprised me, most, is the labour time. I would have guessed this kind of work would be fairly easy / quick.

I'm waiting for some other quotes to come back, but whilst I'm waiting Does anyone know how long this kind of work should take ??
Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they are including

-putting up and taking down scaffolding/platform

-repairing all the slates they expect to break when they climb up there and start work

Thanks for the speedy reply JohnD

The roofer says he won't need scaffold as the pitch isn't to steep and can just use "cat" ladders. (I think thats what he said)

I'm hoping he won't break any slates as I think they're about an inch thick!!

this isn't my house but it has a similar roof :-
cottagesa.jpg

Sponsored Links
So that`s 6 man-days ........gotta be £150.oo a day.......so £600.oo plus vat..........always get 3 quotes, min. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back