Router speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I could get a speed controller unit to use on a single-speed router? There seem to be quite a number available in the USA for 110v routers and drills, but I haven't been able to find a 240v version. I want to use my DeWalt router in a table with some large diameter cutters, but 20,000rpm may be a bit too fast ?
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
depends on type of mptor it has, not all mptors can be speed controlled, yours may not be thats why you cant find one?

Thanks for that thought - Would it help to say which model I have?
(DeWalt DW624)

I'm just puzzled that I just haven't seen the equivalent controller for 240v.

Alternatively, is 20,000rpm really too fast for a lock-miter bit for 19mm stock?

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo howdena and welcome

what size of router quarter half inch!!!!

obviously the cutter size is very relivent but if for example its mdf you will get away a bigger cutter than with softwood then hardwood without burning although you still have the danger of the outer edge rotating above a safe speed

The router itself has a half inch collet.
The cutter I want to use has a diameter of about 2.5 inches (7cm).

(I can see I'll end up having to get a new router with variable speed built in - I'd obviously like to avoid this.)

I have used a sort of transformer to control router speed in the past, it was a simple control box which plugged into the mains and into which you plugged the power tool. A single knob on the front altered the voltage and hence the speed.

post locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back