Routing cables through the bathroom. Help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: hi please can anyone advise me if i need protection on cables that cross copper central heating pipes?
for example: under the floor in my bathroom i will be travelling through with some wires that i need to take into my kitchen which is downstairs. the wires will be going through joists in the bathroom but at one point they will be passing under copper central heating pipes which have been chizld over the joists. the joists are about 4 inch height and 3-4 inch thick.

next question is:- can i run my combi boiler b&q ravenheat silver (in the bathroom) from a fused spur fron my upstairs ring socket?

next question is a extractor fan power be take from the lighting in the bathroom?

many thanks Tik

Sponsored Links
Are you sure they're 4x3 joists under the bathroom? I'd think twice about getting in the bath if they are!

I think the answer to the 3 questions is no, yes, maybe. The wires should be ok near to the pipes, I think combi boilers are ok off spurs and the extractor fan might be ok but it will depend what sort of bathroom lighting cable you have . Frankly though you're best waiting for one of the experts to confirm because I'm pretty clueless!

check on odpm site as bathrooms are zoned you can put a combi in zone 3 but not 0, 1 or 2 similarly you can put an unswitched fused spur in directly under the boiler but not a switched one
you also are required to have PART P electrical to do any electrics in a bathroom or kitchen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back