rubber seals round boiler vent thing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nicko, I think you are now entering a CORGI no-go area where they take a very different view of gas safety from the rest of us!

I left a condensate pipe temporarily filling a bucket as many installers do to enable the customer to have heating and hot water pending the finishing off of an installation.

A CORGI inspector became involved and declared this to be "At Risk"!!! He turned off the boiler! When he left the tenant turned it on again!

At risk of what I would ask??

Tony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To Bamber and Nickso, most CORGI Inspectors will not accept a flue which has only been sealed with the rubber gasket!

Worse, most CORGI Inspectors will expect the flue to be sealed on the outside AND the inside!

When I argued with one that it was only necessary for it to be gas tight and weather sealed on the outside, he did retract a little and said that it was "good practice" to seal on both sides.

In my view the rubber gasket has no place outside if properly cemented.

On the inside, I prefer the flue not to be hard sealed and to be finished with a gasket as that makes correcting any flue elbow problem easier.

Tony

Well as I stated earlier, the sexy rubber rings are for cosmetic purposes only, the flue has to be sealed inside at least.

Oh & when was the last time that you fitted a boiler :rolleyes:

Get real Dad. You talk a great installation. ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Agile can you explain why a corgi inspector became involved in a job that was in the proces of being installed. If you left condensate into a bucket surely this would only have been overnight,,, so how come a corgi inspector called between you leaving at say 6pm and returning next morning

Sponsored Links