Ruddy Lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite some damn hard work sanding I put up lining paper and still incorrect levels of plaster show through, is there anything i can do to save this?

I have put up 1000 grade lining paper, first vertically and then when I realised it did not adequately cover the imperfectiosn added the same grade horizontrally which I now have been told is bad for painting. Another bad area I put 1200 grade paper and still imperfectiosn show through, what a nightmare this is.....please help???? I cannot strip and resand now but can I save it??

Also are there any special ways to paint lining paper as often I have put emulsion on and found it bubbles and pulls away.

Sponsored Links
ok dammo....

Linging paper only really works with general surface imperfections not uneveness but all is not lost.....

You can fill over the lining paper...use a wide bladed filling knife and easi-fil....its easy to sand without scratching the surface of the paper too much.

Your not doing anything wrong by double lining and leaving the walls cross lined..whoever said its wrong to cross line before papering is wrong.

Do the filing and then ...sorry......line it once more vertically with 800 grade paper.....1000+ does have to have a bit of a 'surface' to it.

As for painting techniques.....there are none that will cause bubbling and lifting of seams..that, im affriad, is down to poor ppasting technique...try applying the paster with a roller....and make sure you leave it to soak for about 7 minutes...making sure the edge are well pasted, and ensure you wipe the excess paste from the face of the paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back