rushing water sound in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a bungalow with a Ravenheat LS 80 Silver Star combination boiler that is now 4 months over warantee. The system is very effective in that the hot water and central heating work quickly and effeciently and i also have a very good power shower. However, there is a very loud "rushing water" sound emmitting through the radiators when the central heating is on (it's the sort of sound you hear when you put a sea shell to your ear but it is excessive). Does anyone have any idea how i can quieten this very annoying noise?

Sponsored Links
bungalow you say... :rolleyes:
reducing pump speed might help. but if it was me, id tootle off up into the loft, look for something like this and let any air out.
good luck in your search.....

thanks wilhelm - i'm not very mobile these days but when my son in law visits we will be straight up the loft and try bleeding from there and if that doesn't work we shall be looking to reduce the the pump speed. i personally don't know how to do that yet but it sounds good as this is only a small bungalow with 5 small radiators and overkill would be quite easy. thanks again
regards al??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back