Rusting shower organiser/shelves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello... Can anyone help me with a rusting problem?

I had a metal shower pole with shelves on it (in my shower, at the risk of being obvious!) but it went rusty. I'm desperate to buy a new one but is there anything I can do to it to prevent it going rusty again?

There may be a really obvious answer - I know nothing about DIY!! The only solution I came up with was to buy a white plastic one, but unfortunately they all seem to be too short, while the metal ones are longer!!

Any help gratefully appreciated!
Gemma :)

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, I has this happen twice to me and got fed up. I came with an idea to replace the metal pipe with a white overflow pipe ! It was the same size as the metal pipe, well mine was. You can whatever length you want this way.

could try giving it a couple of coats of car paint laquer

i would not do that if i were you. if you get the application wrong, it will be well and truly laquered :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know this isn't helpful, really, but what on earth do you need a pole with shelves for?
Try one stick-on hook for the shower gel if you can't hang it on the door.
Herself has five different shelf, basket, hook devices for 12 different potions and devices. Could these all ever be used by one person in one shower?

gemmafromguernsey said:
I won't dignify that with a reply.

D'Oh!

Quite right! A girl never has to justify what she wants!

I bought something simular out of Homebase with a bar and shelves. I ran the pole from the corner of my ceiling to my bath ledge. That was more than 6 months ago and have never had a problem.

hammerite might do it it is a paint specialy formulated for coating metal with hard rust on it
it gives you a hammerd metal finnish and i belive you can get smooth
in black and in white i belive
i havent bought any for years so someone may come along and correct me or colaborate what i have said

Yes you can buy them in spray can now, smooth or hammer finish.

Err -- how about buying a good quality product made from chrome-plated brass, or stainless steel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back