Salamander 2Bar Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Fairly novice to plumbing but and like advice. Fitting a shower pump that has some anti virbration connectors (basically 8 inch flexi hoses) which are 22mm tap onto the pump at one end and and 15mm push fit at the other. 4 of these and are for hot and cold in and out of the pump.
All pipework from the hot water cylinder and cold water storage is 22mm which went directly into the old pump using old valve and tap connectors which I want to get rid of. I'd like some advice on how you would take the 22mm into the 15mm pump connectors (do you need a reducer, or can you get flexi, copper?). Or, would you not use the supplied hoses and just get 22mm all the way into the pump? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry maybe i wasnt clear. The copper pipes are 22mm, the hoses that come with the shower pump are 15mm. Would you bin the hoses and just run 22 mm all the way to the pump, or reduce to 15mm. If you would reduce what do you need to do this?

Cheers.

Is it a new pump? The reason I ask is I have recently had a Salamander pump fitted and the flexi hoses are not 15mm, they are 22mm.

Sponsored Links
You must use the flexible hoses. Just reduced the 22 copper to 15 copper with a soldered or compression reducing coupling.

Will replacing the supplied 15mm hoses with off the shelf 22mm hoses cause a problem? Is 15mm enough to get sufficient power to the shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back