Salamander RSP50 installation problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Salamander RSP50 shower pump at floor level next to the ho water supply cylinder on the same floor as my shower which is a Hudson Reed Infinity Pole mixer shower with a cloudburst head. I have used a Warix flange on the top of the cylinder to supply the hot, I have fiited a NRV to the hot outlet and also manual air vents to hot and cold outlets as required in installation instructions. I have set the max temp on the cylinder to 60 deg C as requested also. The cold feed tank is a large sized one in the loft and I have adjusted the ballcock to ensure it fills to a suitable amount of water. When I come to use the shower however it runs fine if I run cold water but as soon as I try to get any hot water it slows down to a trickle if I'm lucky or usually it just turns off until I switch it down to cold again.

Can anyone please help me. The only thing I can think of is that the NRV is in the loft and not closer to the pump but I don't know if this is the actual problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Blocked inlet on the hot side of the mixer.

If you had flushed the pipes before connecting the mixer like it says in the instructions you would have told us what the flow was like. ;)

pipes were flushed first and flow was fine, sometimes the shower will actually work but mostly it is as described.

We need all the info!
Try lowering the HW temp, could be cavitation if its erratic.
What size is cold feed to hw cylinder?
Try running basin H tap same time as shower - does that stop too?

Sponsored Links
I had already tried lowering the temp to salamander's recommended max but it still happened so I turned it down a bit more last night, got it to work and left it running for a good ten minutes. It sputtered a bit at first so this must have been trapped air but now it must have been released because it works beautifully every time I try it.

Thanks for your help Chris. :D

hi i have exactly the same problem but i didnt fit a warix flange that is my next step i teed off the dhws it may be the hot supply is restricted due to limescale on the fitting on top of the tank i will see what happens when i fit the warix but my symptoms are exactly as you describe anyone else have any helpfull imfo cheers

I still dont understand why the NRV has been fitted in the loft ???

hi itook the fitting out of the tank limescale had reduced thebore to about 8mm looks like thats the secret reduced flow to the pump

I'm having problems with my Salamander too....
We've just had a new washing machine installed, next to the kitchen sink. We have a Salamader RHP 140 pump under the sink. After disconnecting the washing machine hose to install the new washing machine, the pump started making a noise (the type of noise it makes when you only turn the hot water on and it sounds like an outdoor generator). Now it makes the noise all the time regardless, and it hasn't stopped for the last 7 hours!! Any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back