same fault 2 computers (one new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a flat with a computer i had been using in 2 other properties for 5 years.
After about a week at the new flat the computer developed a fault where the monitor was getting no signal and the tower had its lights on and the hard disc was turning. Was advised it was the graphics card so i replaced it and it worked for a while then died again with same fault. Was then told it must be the motherboard but it was an old type so it could not be found. I bought a brand new computer which on the day of purchase showed signs of the old computer problems. It worked for a while then it to died with the same fault as before. Any ideas what is causing this??? Im pulling my hair out thinking how can 2 computers one being brand new can develop the same fault.
The reason i am asking is there any specific problem that would cause this
with the electrics in the flat. The new computer was only used with surge protection but same fault occured.

thanks in advance for any help with this.

+++++++++++++++++++
this is a duplicate post. please have a look at Forum Rules //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448

As the other one //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=457866&highlight=#457866 has had some replies, I will move it into the "Hardware" section, and lock this one.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back