Samsung Side by Side Fridge Freezer (Water Dispenser)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever plumbed in one of these types of fridges?

I'm looking to take order of one but my kitchen is being fitted before hand, therefore I need to work out where to plumb the 15mm water feed and to establish the connection type. I've downloaded the manuals from Samsung but no real joy on either.

I assume I just use a washing machine type tap (with the little blue or red tap on it)?, and where best I am to place the 15mm cooper line to it?

Cheers in advance,

Gary

Sponsored Links
i assume from that that it fits a washing machine inlet hose at the rear of the fridge then ?
..yes find the mains water pipe and run a pipe to nr the fridge and fit a washing machine valve so u can screw the inlet hose to it ..poss u need a check valve along the way ? not sure...should say in the instructions

JPC - I'm just assuming it's a washing machine inlet connection, I was hoping someone on the site could confirm this and the position of where is best to site the cold supply to it.

I suppose I could get off my fat @rse and take a trip to the shop to check one out :LOL:

Looking at the downloadable manuals, as you say, they don't specify what type of fitting the tap should have. From the diagram, it certainly looks like a conventional washing machine tap.

I'd be inclined to fit this at the back of a nearby cupboard, and bore a hole next to it (in the side of the unit) ready for the inlet pipe of the Fridge/Freezer. Once your plumbing is complete, I'd suggest attaching a washing machine hose, temporarily, and flushing the pipes through thoroughly, to remove any byproducts still in the pipes (flux, jointing compound etc..).

In the unlikely event that you are wrong about the type of tap that is required, I'm sure there will be an adapter out there somewhere, to make it suitable.

Sponsored Links
all the ones I have fitted go onto a WM tap, but the bore of the pipe can vary from a thin 10mm od plastic one to something the size of a shower hose which isn,t as flexible. Usually exit bottom left of appliance.

Some models require a remote water filter mounted in an adjacent cupboard and come with several meters of hose that can be cut to length.

Always flush the machine as instructed and dispose of the first couple of loads of ice.

Jason

Thanks for your feedback chaps ...

Jason if I put as Tex mentioned the tap part behind a unit to the right of the fridge (looking at it) will the pipe suppled reach, say 1m?

Sorry for all the questioning but from what I understand when they deliver the fridge they fit it too. Problem is the kitchen is getting fitted first so I need to be pretty spot on otherwise I'll have to plumb the thing in - not that I'm bothered but at the moment I've 700 things on my list to do to keep her 'appy :cry:

As Jason - fitted a few, always a wm connection, and you get a reasonable length hose - enough to connect either side. I wouldn't put it behind as it takes up space -the fridge is likely to need?

The reasons that I suggest putting the tap in the back of an adjacent unit are:
To makes installation easier, (no climbing about behind the fridge to connect it)
To ensure that, the tap doesn't interfere with the fridge going back as far as required.
To allow speedy access in the event of a disaster. (just open the cupboard and turn it off)
To allow it to be turned off before removing the fridge for servicing.

If the unit has a back, make sure you either remove it, or cut out to allow access to the tap, both for operating it, and to fit the hose on to it.

If, when your machine turns up, the hose is a little short to fit the hose before it is in place, simply tie a piece of string to the end of the hose. Pass this string through the hole. As you shift the fridge into position, you can pull the string to get the hose through the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back