Sanding Floorboards, colour of replacements?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The OH wants me to sand down the floorboards in the back room of my 1903 house. I have pulled up the carpet to check the quality of the existing floorboards and found these replacements...................
Floor-001.jpg

Floor-003.jpg

Once sanded / sealed / varnished or whatever will the old and new floorboards match or should I be looking for some similar aged reclaimed boards?

Thanks!

(Oh dear, look at the damp round the chimney breast :( )

Sponsored Links
do you have another room ehat you could remove origional boards and swap for new[or newer ]boards

big-all said:
do you have another room ehat you could remove origional boards and swap for new[or newer ]boards

Possibly the front room...........but I was trying to avoid that as I may want to do the same in that room at some time in the future. The floorboards upstairs are of a different size unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
I sanded the floorboards down in my house and i had to replace two in the door way. They were a completly different clouor when they were sanded so i used some woodstain on a test piece of floorboard to match the colour. it took a while to get it right but you can not see the difference now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back