Scaffolding price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please

We've just had a new roof fitted, the builders provided the scaff.
They made a good job with with tiles but can't say that the ridge tiles are
straight - won't go into that bad issue.

When the roof was complete, i asked the builder how much extra it would be to leave the scaffolding up for another two weeks so that we could have the house rendered.

The builder quoted me £250 for two weeks and i'm not that sure if i'm getting ripped off or not,

I live in S -Yorkshire if thats any help.
does this seem a reasonable price.

THANKS

Sponsored Links
basically one of the things on the forum is dont ask for quotes on price as it is so difficult to give an accurate estimate for a number of reasons, eg area of country, the look of the job, access, etc (god i sound like breezer)
Give a few scaffold firms a ring and they should give you an idea

Thermo

Sponsored Links
jonifresh said:
Whats that supposed to mean exactley.

they are refering to item 9

but as has been posted its pointless asking how much is because it depends on, well see item 9

Cheap it would cost more from a hire shop and then you have to put it up,

It all depends how the scaffolding company works and how long its taken your roofer.
Most companys charge for the erection and dismantleing with a set period of hire included in the price usually 3-6 weeks then if the scaffold is standing for longer than their initial period they will charge a rental per week.
For example the scaffolder I use charges me for the erection and dismantleing including 4 weeks and then charges me 10% of the total price for each week thereafter although I can negotiate different terms it all depends what your builder has aggreed with the scaffolder.

i have been looking at scaffold recently and would have to say that £250 seems reasonable. does depend on how high it is and how far around the building it extends

jonifresh, ask away for prices and anything else. Surely, the web is the precise place to come for such information. Everyone wants to know prices. Is price, like sex to the Victorians, not to be mentioned. The policeing of the site by authoritarian busy-bodies is ridiculous. Ignore them. Unless someone is being sleazy or off-subject, then they have a perfect right to ask whatever they want. In a sense, the whole point of the web is for more freedom of choice not less. It also includes freedom to rant ,thank goodness.

This forum has rules / etiquete one of them (item 9) says you do not ask prices because quite often they will be wrong. This is because most jobs need to be seen to be quoted for, access to job etc.

If I were to visit your house, I would abide by your "house rules" you are visiting "my house"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back